The town of Villarosa is situated between the Salso River and the Morello Dam, on the ruins of a homestead destroyed by an earthquake in 1693. The visit to Villarosa starts before entering the actual town. In fact, on the State Highway, we meet, on the left, the deviation that leads to the railway station that, bound to be closed, has been turned into an original and characteristic mining and farming museum. In the past, the town has been an important sulphur mining centre. Another deviation, instead, leads to Lago Morello, an area of great natural interest, rich with mines, rural settlements and archaeological sites. Once in Villarosa, we suggest a visit to the Cathedral dedicated to San Giacomo Maggiore, the Clock Tower, and the church of the Madonna della Catena. The beautiful octagonal square is remarkable. To its northeast, we can see the tower with the clock. The town changed its name to Villarosa in 1761, in honour of the artist and maker of the town plan, Rosa Ciotti. The original name of the town was San Giacomo di Bombinetto.