Ravanusa is built at the foot of Monte Saraceno, a place rich with history and the symbol of the town. To find the origins of Ravanusa, we must leap back about 3,000 years (10th Century B.C.), when the Sicans appeared for the first time on Monte Saraceno. Traces of these settlements are still visible next to Monte Saraceno and in the finds held in the Ravanusa’s "Salvatore Lauricella" Museum. The Sican village was Hellenised in the 7th Century by the tyrants Sakon and Myllos, who founded a polis (Kakyron?) to block the entrance to the Salso River on the plain, which hosted also xenoi (mercenaries). The Romans learned how to use the Greek road network to supply the Empire with the wheat of Sicily, extending it, for instance with the “Enna-Finziade”. Only after 800, Ravanusa knew the settlement of the Berbers, which lasted until 1086, when the town was conquered by the Count Roger the Norman and donated to his cousin Salvatore Palmeri for the support received during the war. From then onwards, there was a long period of baronies that lasted until 1812 (date of the abolition of feudalism) in which the barons Bonanno took the larger space. The Bonanno built various houses and monuments. But Ravanusa’s history, in the contemporary age, is also tied to the sulphur mines, heralds of the economic development, but also of bereavements and suffering.