Like all foundation cities, Campofranco is characterised by a shape and a history made of fast urban developments, which followed logics that can be found in its fabric. Born after the partial misfortune of the barons Del Campo that, from 1549, had to leave the barony of Mussomeli, Campofranco was the outcome of Giovanni’s idea, decided to restart by populating one of his feuds. Authorised by royal letters written by Phillip II of Spain, son of Charles V, in 1573, Giovanni started the adventure of the new town, which progressively grew before the castle, the square, the church (dedicated to Saint John, a name that returns repeatedly), the waterholes, the ovens, the mill, the slaughterhouse, the stables, the dwellings of craftsmen and workers. In a frantic century of growth, the Del Campo saw their original idea growing stronger, thanks also to the pleasant position of the town, to its water sources, duties, exemptions, subsidies, censuses, privileges, and attract new people and new investments. About a century later, the power went to the family Lucchesi Palli thanks to a marriage between lineages that introduced the new lords in the territory. The same family of the Lucchesiana library in Agrigento, was here, instead, in a more classic feud, perhaps well represented by the gallows used to quash the peasants’ instances. 1800 and early 1900 were a period of reasonable welfare, thanks to the Montecatini potassium salt factories and the Cozzo Disi sulphur mine.